"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Friday, May 16, 2014

Elizabeth Bishop: Nova Scotia's "Home-Made" Poet -- Anniversary of publication

On 14 May 2011, I launched Elizabeth Bishop: Nova Scotia's "Home-Made" Poet, published by Nimbus Publishing in Halifax, during the Elizabeth Bishop Centenary celebrations. It is hard to believe three years have passed. I don't usually blow my own horn, but I was reflecting on how quickly time passes and thought I'd mark this anniversary with a post. I still think this little book is a good introduction to our beloved poet. I tell people that I would buy it just for the photographs! I am happy and grateful to say that Nimbus still has this book on their backlist, so if you are interested in getting a copy, you can go to their website:
http://www.nimbus.ca/Elizabeth-Bishop-P5013.aspx


Below is a glimpse of the launch we had at the Elizabeth Bishop House on 14 May 2011. I have such warm memories of this event and the launch in Halifax, N.S., and want to thank everyone who came out way back then to support this project. And a thank you to Nimbus for continuing to make this publication available.



No comments:

Post a Comment