"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Remembering The Elizabeth Bishop Festival, 8 August 2015

Our young and capable social media guru Laura Sharpe has posted lots of EB Festival photos on the Festival Facebook and Twitter pages. You can see the collage there. Here, I am going to post some one at a time -- just to reflect on particulars, and to keep the memory of a fun day, a meaningful day, going a bit longer. Many hands made this festival happen. Heartfelt thank you to all the wonderful artists who participated, all the generous volunteers who helped to plan and pull off the day. And an especial thank you to all our funders and donors. I'll be mentioning them in particular in the coming days. Thank you all, so very much!

For today, I give you:

"Make me a ring, Nate!" (Photo: Laurie Gunn)

Blacksmith Tom Spence spent part of the day working at a portable forge in the yard of the EB House and made wonderful horseshoe nail rings (I came away with one, myself). "Nate" (Mayhew "Mate" T. Fisher) made one for Bishop all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment