"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Elizabeth Bishop Festival: Memory 4

The EB Festival organizing committee consisted of yours truly and Laurie Gunn (EBSNS President) and Patti Sharpe (EBSNS Vice President). It is always the greatest pleasure and inspiration to work with these creative and capable women. And if I do say so myself, we make a good team. I hope they agree.


(I'm not sure who took this delightful photo of Laurie
-- a rare treat, as she's always behind the lens.)
Here is Laurie, our intrepid leader, luring in folks to the "Fun Photo Booth," where you could dress in costume and have her take your photos. Laurie is an amazing photographer. 


(Photo by Mary Ellen Sullivan)
Here is Patti and her daughter April at the "Independent" book table at the Festival Market. You may wonder what they are eating: Appleton Chocolates -- and believe me, they are DELICIOUS!

Thank you Laurie and Patti for being such great collaborators on the EB Festival. I look forward to working with you on the next EBSNS project or event (though the EBSNS is going to take a break from festivals for a little while).

No comments:

Post a Comment