"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Elizabeth Bishop House Update – October 2015

Some time has passed since I last posted an update about the Elizabeth Bishop House and the progress of its sale. The five posts below break this silence.

In July 2015, I agreed to write an essay about the history of the house for an online academic literary journal in the United States. As things turned out, the editor of that journal felt that what I had written (which is the first account of the history of the house from Bishop’s time to the present) was too long for their purposes. Since I did not want to cut it substantially, I decided to withdraw it and post it as a multi-part essay on this blog.

The essay brings the story of the house to October 2015, at which time there had still been no offers for the house, even as the price had been substantially reduced to $69,000 (http://remaxtruro.ca/listings/571/8740-hwy-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment