"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Thursday, September 30, 2010

In Which a Brief Hiatus Is Announced --

During the past week the final line of "Over 2000 Illustrations and a Complete Concordance" has acquired very practical and immediate new resonances for me, in connection with which I'll be having surgery on my right eye tomorrow afternoon. I expect to make a full and swift recovery, but it is not unlikely that our "Today in Bishop" feature will be having to take a vacation for the next few days.

Thank you for your indulgence. I'll be looking forward eagerly to getting back to my joy-filled task as soon as may be. Reading Elizabeth Bishop every morning before breakfast is an activity I can heartily recommend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment