"I am 3/4ths Canadian, and one 4th New Englander - I had ancestors on both sides in the Revolutionary war." - Elizabeth Bishop
____________________________________________

Monday, December 9, 2019

Great Village launch of A POCKET OF TIME

On Sunday, 8 December, at the Elizabeth Bishop House in Great Village, N.S., Rita Wilson and Emma FitzGerald launched A Pocket of Time: The Poetic Childhood of Great Village. I wish I could have been there, but it was not possible. Laurie Gunn kindly sent me some photos of the event, which looks like it was a grand time. I know for certain that the house itself would have loved all that company, all those wonderful people celebrating Bishop's time there. Thanks, Laurie, for sharing some glimpses of the event.
(Rita reading in the dining room.)
(Emma talking about her illustrations.
Meredith Layton listens.)
(Many folks gathered to listen.)
(An enlargement of one of Emma's images.)
(Lisa from Woozles selling books.)
(Rita signing. Thanks Rita for seeing this book
through to its beautiful conclusion. Now the fun begins.
Today in Great Village, Rita and Emma are spending
time with the children at the GV School.)

No comments:

Post a Comment